According to The Future of Jobs Report 2020 released by WEF, future enterprises will pay more attention to the professionalism and proficiency of their employees.
Cologny, GVA (The CTP News) – WEF published The Future of Jobs Report 2020 in October 2020. They consolidated the data of LinkedIn, Coursera, Automatic Data Processing, and FutureFit AI, put forward an analysis of the employment trend in 2025, and concluded that AI will replace human labor in a large amount.
AI may replace 60% of the labor
With the increasing advancement of technology, it is a trend for various industries to use AI to replace labor. For example, retail industry, food industry, tourism, and accommodation-related industries. The labor force in these industries only accounts for 38.3%, and machines can do the other 61.7%.
Will AI replace doctors or nurses? According to trend analysis, the future medical industry that needs to rely on human professional evaluation and labor will only account for 34.6%. This means that in the future, AI may help humans conduct treatment evaluations and provide prescription drugs.
Focus more on professional skills
In the past, companies hoped that employees could complete a variety of labor tasks in a short period of time. However, with AI joining the work, future companies will pay more attention to the professionalism and proficiency of their employees.
This means that, compared to traditional labor, companies need professional skills. If your professional skills can fulfill the needs of cross-fields, then you will be a popular job seeker. For example, cloud computing can give full play to its expertise in the technology industry or apply for a job in the medical industry.
Which industries still need labor?
According to a series of “Job Trends in 2021” published by the New York Times, Glassdoor, and other institutions, we found that there are still many jobs that require human thinking and creativity. For example, digital technicians, marketing consultants, designers, and planners.
The skills needed in the future include thinking, innovation, active learning, strategy execution, management, and leadership. The knowledge of school education is limited, and people will be willing to take the initiative to learn in the future to learn new skills or to upgrade their original skill levels.